What Is the Science of Chem-Dry?
The science of Chem-Dry is one of the biggest factors setting us apart from the competition
Almost every aspect of the Chem-Dry process is based on decades of scientific research. For 45 years, Chem-Dry has led the carpet cleaning industry with cutting-edge products and cleaning processes with superior results. It begins with our Hot Carbonating Extraction process. This relies on chemistry to emulsify dirt and debris for safer, more effective removal. The science of Chem-Dry is behind everything we do. That has led directly to our consistently being ranked the top carpet cleaning franchise for the past 30 years.
Chem-Dry carpet cleaning franchise cleans deeper, better
Our innovation begins with The Natural®, the key component of our proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction process, which provides a deeper clean with faster drying times, leading to cleaner carpets and healthier homes. Chem-Dry Director of Research and Development Chris Smith notes The Natural forms the core of everything we do.
“The chemical reaction produces carbon dioxide, of which the effervescence of the bubbles reacts when you apply it to the carpet, and helps emulsify the dirt from the fibers so the cleaning process is more effective,” Chris says.
It’s about more than just the chemicals, though. In addition to a diverse range of environmentally sustainable cleaning products for everything from tile and grout to pet urine treatment, Chem-Dry franchise owners use state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and cutting-edge processes to remove dirt, grime and contaminants. Here are a few ways our science-driven products outshine the competition:
- Our cleaning systems make 650 rotary cleaning passes per minute, far outpacing traditional, wand-based systems.
- Our Hot Carbonating Extraction process leads to drying times of just one to two hours, versus an industry average of 1-2 days. This means potentially harmful moisture hangs around for far less time.
- Pressurized cleaning nozzles drive the cleaning solutions into the fibers, separating the dirt from the fiber, and lifting them to the surface of the material to be easily extracted.
- The Chem-Dry two-pass cleaning process applies the solution on a wet pass and then removes it along with contaminants on the dry pass, leading to a deeper clean and healthier home or workplace.
- From the processes we use to apply the chemicals to the equipment we’ve use to make our chemicals work better, Chem-Dry carpet cleaning franchises deliver cleaner carpets, and legions of satisfied customers rely on Chem-Dry time and time again.
Clean carpets begin with The Natural
Easy on fibers, and 100% nontoxic, The Natural is perhaps the purest of all carpet cleaning solutions available — and it comprises the heart of the Chem-Dry cleaning process. It combines the perfect balance of natural ingredients with our Hot Carbonating Extraction process to lift dirt up and out of customer carpets, cleanly, thoroughly and safely. Unlike other heavy-handed cleaning products, The Natural contains no soaps, detergents, solvents, enzymes or harsh chemicals. Among the biggest selling points for consumers about The Natural are:
- All ingredients in The Natural are included on the FDA G.R.A.S. (Generally Recognized as Safe) list, meaning it is safe and nontoxic for kids and pets;
- Free of harsh chemicals, soaps, detergents or phosphates, it does not leave behind sticky or dirt-attracting residue;
- Because this product is natural, chemical- and toxin-free, it is the perfect solution for people with allergies.
- The Natural is at the heart of Chem-Dry carpet cleaning solutions, but we haven’t rested on our laurels. We strive for constant innovation, developing the kinds of cutting-edge products, processes, and services that drive revenues higher and equip franchise owners for success.
The Chem-Dry R&D team consistently delivers innovation
When customers call Chem-Dry, they know they’re getting the best services and products from the leading carpet cleaning franchise. Here are just a few of our innovations to consider:
- World Famous® Spot Remover: For the toughest spots and stains. The World Famous® Spot Remover lifts stains to the surface, making them easier to remove.
- Professional Strength Grease & Oil Remover: Grease, oil and adhesive-based stains are downright nasty. To fight these tough areas, Chem-Dry carpet cleaning franchise owners deliver our Professional Strength Grease & Oil Remover, which removes stubborn spots created by grease and oil that other stain removers may not be able to tackle.
- World Famous Pet Odor Remover: Formulated to lift fresh pet odors and stains from customers’ carpets and rugs. This is the perfect add-on product franchisees provide to customers for those in-between-cleaning emergencies.
- Dust Mite Anti-Allergen: The best way to fight allergies is to eliminate their source. Our Dust Mite Anti-Allergen is a water-based anti-allergen solution containing powerful active ingredients proven effective against household dust mite allergens.
- Carpet Deodorizer: Keeping customer carpets smelling as good as they look, our deodorizers counteract smoke, cooking, pet, and other unwanted odors found in homes or vehicles. Chem-Dry deodorizers even protect fabric fibers, helping to keep carpets cleaner longer, without any gritty or abrasive powders to vacuum.
With these cutting-edge products, our carpet cleaning franchise owners produce industry leading results. We’re not surprised customers keep coming back for the kind of cleaning they can only get from Chem-Dry. Multiple revenue streams and repeat customers are a big part of the formula of our decades of success.
Learn more today
Ready to learn more about the Chem-Dry franchise opportunity? Fill out our form here to request more information and one of our dedicated team members will be in touch. We look forward to starting a conversation with you!