How Do Multiple Services Help You Grow?
Chem-Dry is more than a carpet cleaning business. Additional services can generate substantial extra revenue.
Chem-Dry is known first and foremost as a carpet cleaning franchise, but that’s far from the only service we offer. Our Hot Carbonating Extraction process works beautifully on a host of surfaces and an array of stains — and that capability expands the revenue-making opportunities for franchisees.
Once a customer invites you to clean their carpet, you can let them know about additional services you provide. Often, you’ll discover, clients are eager to find someone who can do these things, too:
- Upholstery cleaning. The same process that cleans carpet so effectively works just as well on upholstery. The bubbles in carbonation penetrate natural and synthetic fibers to lift dirt to the surface of couches and chairs, where they’re gently whisked away — and our Fabric Protector provides a water- and oil-repellent barrier to protect your upholstered furniture.
- Area rug cleaning. Chem-Dry’s professionals ensure area rugs are carefully handled and cleaned only by our certified, trained specialists. They are experts in area rug cleaning and perform a thorough evaluation to determine the safest, most effective method of cleaning your valuable rug, whether it needs to be cleaned in your home or at our facility to achieve optimum results.
- Stone, tile and grout cleaning. Chem-Dry uses specialized cleaning solutions and powerful suction equipment to remove dirt and grime from stone, tile and grout, ensuring they shine like new and last longer. During service, our technicians apply a durable sealant to protect surfaces between appointments.
- Pet urine and odor removal. Even though more than 70 percent of homes have pets, standard cleaning won’t touch pet urine stains, which leave behind concentrated urine crystals that emit pungent odors even after the liquid dries. Chem-Dry has developed a patented formula, P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) that attacks the urine crystals at the molecular level and breaks down their odor-causing compounds.
- Water damage restoration. Our emergency team of specialists is IICRC-certified and prepared to handle any kind of water damage restoration work, from repairing damage from a broken water main to flood damage.
- Specialty stain removal. It’s hard to count all the substances that can stain upholstered items: grape juice, makeup, markers. No matter what the source, Chem-Dry technicians use the power of carbonation and the industry’s finest products and tools to minimize or remove any kind of stain from any kind of surface.
These additional services diversify offerings and maximize earning potential. Customers with hardwood floors often need someone that can clean an area rug. Customers with tile kitchens need someone that can restore the tile and clean the grout. People with pets nearly always have at least a few urine spots that they would love to be rid of. These services allow you to capture these customers, and they also allow your technicians to offer additional services when they are in customers’ homes, increasing your average invoice and profits, and often increasing your technicians’ take-home pay, too, which is a great way to keep great employees and turn them into recruiters for your expanding business!